Definitions for temporarily online and temporarily blended delivery
Due to COVID-19, Fanshawe's fall and winter semesters are being offered in a temporary online or blended delivery format. Under the guidance of the Middlesex-London Health Unit, a decision on the safest delivery method will be communicated in advance of future semesters.
Program levels will be offered either fully online or in a blended delivery format.
- Fully online: a program level in which all of the courses are web-based with no face-to-face classes.
- Blended: a program level in which at least one course includes some face-to-face instruction. This includes classes scheduled on campus or at placement agencies.
Courses will be offered either fully online, face-to-face or in a blended delivery format.
- Fully online: a course in which all of the content is web-based with no face-to-face classes.
- Face-to-face: a course in which all of the classes for the course are scheduled and delivered on campus or at a placement agency.
- Blended: a course that combines face-to-face instruction and online classes.
Online courses will be offered synchronous (scheduled) or asynchronous (unscheduled).
- Synchronous delivery: a course that has a scheduled day and time associated with it. Students will see this course on WebAdvisor with the days and times, as well as the room indicated as 'ONLINE'.
- Asynchronous delivery: a course that has no designated meeting times. Students will see this course on WebAdvisor simply as an "online course" with no meeting times.