What is a FANCard?
Your FANCard is your official Fanshawe identification card. But it does more than just act as ID - keep life simple with one card and take advantage of its other convenient features. You are responsible for keeping this card safe and in good condition for the duration of your entire time at Fanshawe.
This is your student identification card. It will be accepted as formal identification while you’re writing exams, used to access services on campus and may be requested by businesses in the community as proof of student status.
Building and room access
Use your FANCard to access after-hours building entrances, computer labs and specialized program-specific facilities. It is also used to access services such as the Test Centre, the Library and Learning Commons and the Office of the Registrar.
Flex Plan / Meal Plan
No need to handle cash, just load and use your FANCard! Purchases can be tracked online and unused balances can be carried over to the next academic year. Use your card for:
- Food outlets on campus
- Retail purchases
- General parking lots (London Campus)
All students: load your Flex Plan with as little as $50.
Residence students: Your mandatory Meal Plan starts at $1,200 with the option to purchase additional credit (in-person only) throughout the year, or you can add additional funds online to a Flex Plan.
If your Meal Plan isn't working, please email Brandy Gavin at email@example.com.
Student Wellness Centre
Use your FANCard to access our full service, state-of-the-art facility of wellness services and programs, including exercise equipment and group classes. Membership is included in student ancillary fees for full-time, post-secondary students studying in London*. Learn more about the Wellness Centre.
* Update for fall 2020: Due to COVID-19, the Wellness Centre is temporarily closed and membership has not been included in student ancillary fees. With your health and wellness in mind, at-home virtual programming is available to everyone.
Your FANCard will be accepted by most pharmacies across Canada as a pay-direct drug card for all full-time post-secondary students.
Note: Excludes international, apprenticeship, ACE and part-time students.
London Transit (LTC) bus pass
Simply tap your FANCard when you board any London Transit Commission (LTC) bus*.
* Note: Due to COVID-19, only full-time, post-secondary students in blended-delivery programs at campuses in London have paid for a bus pass as part of their ancillary fees. Students in fully online delivery programs can purchase a bus pass through the Fanshawe Student Union (FSU). For more information about using this feature of the FANCard, visit the Fanshawe Student Union website.
If your card is not working on the bus, please contact the Fanshawe Student Union.
Frequently asked questions
How do I request a FANCard?
With campus services and access limited by COVID-19, you must upload your FANCard photo in advance using MyPhoto. Note: MyPhoto is not compatible with the Internet Explorer web browser.
Step 1: Login to the MyPhoto site and upload your photo. You'll need your Fanshawe WebAdvisor username and password.
Step 2: Wait for an email confirmation that your photo is approved. This step may take a few business days during peak times. If your photo isn’t approved, Fanshawe will contact you about submitting a new photo. Note: By default, MyPhoto will send status update emails to your FanshaweOnline (FOL) email account. When you upload your photo, you can choose to enter a preferred email instead.
Step 3: Pick up your FANCard! (see "How do I pick up my FANCard?" below)
How do I pick up my FANCard?
Full-time students in a blended program (both in-person and online classes) attending London Campus OR London South Campus
|You will receive an email soon on how to book an appointment to pick up your FANCard at the London Campus (1001 Fanshawe College Blvd.).|
|Full-time students in a blended program (both in-person and online classes) attending a regional campus OR London Downtown Campus||Your FANCard will be distributed to you through your campus.|
|Students in a fully online program (all online classes) attending any campus||You will not automatically receive a FANCard. Please click the "If I'm a fully online student, do I need to upload my photo?" question for more details.|
|Students in a part-time program (any campus, any format)||You will not automatically receive a FANCard. Please click the "If I'm a part-time student, do I get a FANCard?" question for more details.|
Please note that we will not be mailing FANCards at this time.
If I'm a fully online student, do I need to upload my photo?
Yes - All fully online students should upload their photo even if they do not wish to request a FANCard. Your photo is used for class rosters and helps staff and faculty get to know you, especially during these times of increased virtual learning and student services.
Fully online students in a full-time program only: To request a FANCard, please use this FANCard Exception Request form.
If I'm a part-time student, do I get a FANCard?
You will not automatically receive a FANCard. If you wish to request a printed FANCard, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, student number and reason for your request (ex: accessing specific labs / classrooms).
What if I'm a returning student and already have a FANCard?
Keep using the same card! There is no need to upload your photo for a new card.
What happens if I lose or damage my FANCard?
Your FANCard is kind of a big deal. Make sure to keep it safe; don't share, puncture, crack or bend it. If your card is lost or damaged, a replacement fee of $25 may apply.
- If you have lost your card, please do the following steps:
- If your card isn't working, please email email@example.com. Include your name, student number, the card numbers on the front and back and where your card isn't working (doors, bus, etc.) in your email.
- If you find your card BEFORE submitting a replacement request, please contact Retail Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to re-activate your Meal Plan / Flex Plan.
- If you find your card AFTER submitting a replacement request, please note you will still have to pay a $25 replacement fee. Before submitting the form, options for cancelling request are available. Once submitted, it will be processed and your account will be charged.
Who can I contact for help with my FANCard?
We’re here for you! If you have any questions about your FANCard, contact us at 519-452-4277 or email@example.com.