What is a FANCard?
Your FANCard is your official Fanshawe identification card. But it does more than just act as ID - keep life simple with one card and take advantage of its other convenient features. You are responsible for keeping this card safe and in good condition for the duration of your entire time at Fanshawe.
This is your student identification card. It will be accepted as formal identification while you’re writing exams, used to access services on campus and may be requested by businesses in the community as proof of student status.
Building and room access
Use your FANCard to access after-hours building entrances, computer labs and specialized program-specific facilities. It is also used to access services such as the Test Centre, the Library and Learning Commons and the Office of the Registrar.
Flex Plan / Meal Plan
No need to handle cash, just load and use your FANCard! Purchases can be tracked online and unused balances can be carried over to the next academic year. Use your card for:
- Food outlets on campus
- Retail purchases
- General parking lots (London Campus)
All students: load your Flex Plan with as little as $50.
Residence students: Your mandatory Meal Plan starts at $1,200 with the option to purchase additional credit (in-person only) throughout the year, or you can add additional funds online to a Flex Plan.
Student Wellness Centre
Use your FANCard to access our full service, state-of-the-art facility of wellness services and programs, including exercise equipment and group classes. Membership is included in student ancillary fees for full-time, post-secondary students studying in London*. Learn more about the Wellness Centre.
* Update for fall 2020: Due to COVID-19, the Wellness Centre is temporarily closed and membership has not been included in student ancillary fees. With your health and wellness in mind, at-home virtual programming is available to everyone.
Your FANCard will be accepted by most pharmacies across Canada as a pay-direct drug card for all full-time post-secondary students.
Note: Excludes international, apprenticeship, ACE and part-time students.
London Transit (LTC) bus pass
Simply tap your FANCard when you board any London Transit Commission (LTC) bus*.
* Update for fall 2020: Due to COVID-19, only full-time, post-secondary students in blended-delivery programs at campuses in London have paid for a bus pass as part of their ancillary fees. For more information about using this feature of the FANCard, visit the Fanshawe Student Union website.
How do I request a FANCard?
With campus services and access limited by COVID-19, you must upload your FANCard photo in advance using MyPhoto. Note: MyPhoto is not compatible with the Internet Explorer web browser.
- Login to the MyPhoto site and upload your photo. You'll need your Fanshawe WebAdvisor username and password.
- Wait for an email confirmation that your photo is approved. This step may take a few business days during peak times. If your photo isn’t approved, Fanshawe will contact you about submitting a new photo. Note: By default, MyPhoto will send status update emails to your FanshaweOnline (FOL) email account. When you upload your photo, you can choose to enter a preferred email instead.
- Updated distribution process for fall 2020:
- Students in blended programs (with both in-person & online classes), including apprenticeship, at the London Campus will be able to pick up their FANCard at the F Student Service Hub two business days after receiving a confirmation email that their photo was approved.
- Students in blended programs (with both in-person & online classes) at the London Downtown Campus will be able to pick up their FANCard at their campus two business days after receiving a confirmation email that their photo was approved.
- Students in blended programs (with both in-person & online classes) at regional campus locations in Simcoe, St. Thomas, Woodstock and Huron/Bruce will be able to pick up their FANCard at their respective campus after delivery from London once per week.
- Students in fully online programs will not automatically receive a printed card. Your submitted photo will be used for class rosters so that staff and faculty can get to know you during this time of increased virtual learning. To receive a printed card, please submit this FANCard Exception Request form. Your FANCard will be available for pick up at the F Service Hub at the London Campus (1001 Fanshawe College Blvd) two business days after receiving a confirmation email that your photo was approved.
If I'm a fully online student, do I need to upload my photo?
All fully online students should upload their FANCard photo, even if they do not wish to request a physical card. Your photo is used for class rosters and helps staff and faculty get to know you, especially during these times of increased virtual learning and student services. To request a printed FANCard, please use this FANCard Exception Request form.
What if I'm a returning student and already have a FANCard?
Keep using the same card! There is no need to upload your photo for a new card.
What happens if I lose my FANCard?
Your FANCard is kind of a big deal. Make sure to keep it safe; don't share, puncture, crack or bend it. If you do happen to lose it, a replacement fee of $25 will apply. Please fill out this replacement request form to submit a request for a new printed card.
Your FANCard will be available for pick up at the F Service Hub at the London Campus (1001 Fanshawe College Blvd) two business days after receiving a confirmation email that your photo was approved.
Who can I contact for help with my FANCard?
We’re here for you! If you have any questions about your FANCard, contact us at 519-452-4277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.