Graduation Requirements and Planning Resources
Every degree student at Fanshawe must complete General Education Electives as part of their program. Without completing these courses, a student cannot graduate.
Each degree program has a unique set of elective requirements based on course subjects and their academic level. Student should identify what electives they need to graduate and plan their course selection carefully.
If you have questions about the general education elective requirements of your degree program you should consult with your Academic Advisor or the School of Language & Liberal Studies to ensure you meet your graduation requirements.
Email the School of Language & Liberal Studies at: email@example.com
The following resources aim to assist students and staff in easily identifying what electives are needed to graduate from Fanshawe and to help plan course selection carefully.
- Degree General Education Electives – Information Flyer
- Degree General Education Requirements – Planning Worksheet
Students with previous university credits, or those who bridged into their degree program, may be eligible to receive transfer credits. Students should consult with the School of Language & Liberal Studies regarding any questions related to transfer credits.
Program Graduation Requirements
The requirements outlined in the documents below reflect the current academic year of a given program. Students who began their program in a previous year may have different graduation requirements.
Students are responsible for confirming their personal graduation requirements and ensuring that they have met all general education elective requirements as they relate to their individual circumstance.
- Honours Bachelor of Applied Technology – Biotechnology (BIO2)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce - Accounting (BCA1)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce - Digital Marketing (BDM1)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce - Human Resources Management (BHM1)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce - Management (BCM1)
- Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership (ECL1)
- Honours Bachelor of Environmental Design and Planning (BED1)
- Honours Bachelor of Interior Design (BID1)
Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership to Western University’s Bachelor of Education
Students looking to transition to Western University’s Bachelor of Education program (Primary-Junior), upon completion of their Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership degree, will want to make sure they have the correct general education electives to meet Western’s admission requirements.
Interested students should complete at least one course in four or more of the following subject areas (in addition to their program’s graduation requirements): English, Fine Arts, Health & Physical Education, Mathematics, Science General, Social Science/Humanities.
- Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership to Western – Postcard
- Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership to Western – Information Flyer
- Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership to Western – Course Mapping Checklist
Course selection varies each term and this info may not reflect all active or available courses. Please visit fanshawec.ca/gened to view courses for the upcoming term. Course mappings apply to Primary-Junior applicants for Western University’s Bachelor of Education. This information may be inaccurate or out of date. Please visit edu.uwo.ca for Western University’s full admission requirements.