Below you will find a step-by-step guide on how to complete your online registration in a General Education (Gen Ed) elective course. This information only applies to you if you are in a program that is regularly scheduled to take an elective course as part of your upcoming semester.
If you are not normally scheduled to take an elective course this semester – this may be because you have missed, failed or withdrawn from an elective in a previous semester, are a part-time student, or are taking a Gen Ed elective before you are required to do so – please visit the Out-of-Sequence & Part Time Students page.
How to Register Online:
- On the main landing page, www.fanshawec.ca/gened, choose your path - DIPLOMA, or DEGREE
- Select your program and level using the 'Find Your Program' drop down menu. This will direct you to a Band (group of courses) that have been scheduled for your timetable.
- Record the subject/course code (example: PSYC), course number (example: 1007) and section number (example: 60) of the course you are interested in taking.
- Go to WebAdvisor, log in to your Student account, and use Express Registration.
- Using the information from the elective you selected, scroll through the menu to select the subject/course code then enter the course number, section number and term. Click Continue.
- On the next screen, choose Register from the action drop-down box and click Continue. If the course is full, you will receive an error message across the top of your screen. You must try another course.
- Please confirm your registration was successful by checking your Course Schedule Grid Layout (WebAdvisor > Main Menu). If you registered correctly, you will see your course there.
Note: Courses are first come, first served - there are no waiting lists for courses that are full! We strongly advise you to register in your Gen Ed as soon as possible. Please also note that the website does not update by removing courses that are already full.
Still having trouble? Check out our "How to Register for a General Education Elective" tip sheet.