General Education electives - registration for out-of-sequence students
If your program was not on the list of those regularly scheduled to take a General Education (GenEd) elective course this semester, then you are considered Out-of-Sequence.
You may be out of sequence because:
- You are a part-time student, OR
- You took a GenEd elective before, but you failed or withdrew from it, and you now need to pick up a GenEd to fulfill your program's graduation requirements, OR
- You missed taking your elective during your scheduled term.
As a result, you will not be able to register for your class via WebAdvisor.
How to register
Note - for the purposes of the GenEd course, you will be considered a "part-time" student. This is true even if you have a full course load and are taking the class in addition to your regular full-time semester.
Please remember that there are no waiting lists for courses that are full! We strongly advise you to register in your GenEd course as soon as possible to enroll in your first choice.
- Review the list of courses being offered by clicking on Band 1, 2, 3 or Online depending on your current timetable. You can enroll in any course as long as it fits into your timetable and has available space.
- Record the course code (example: ENGL for English), course number (example: 1007) and section number (example: 01) of the course you want. You may want to pick more than one course in case your first course choice is full.
- Go to the Registrar's Office (Room E1012), pay your fee, and they will enroll you in your elective. Please remember that there are no waiting lists for courses that are full! We strongly advise you to register in your GenEd as soon as possible to enroll in your first choice.
- Review your timetable and the GenEd options listed on the website. To expedite the process, know the Band and Course you are wanting to take before visiting A2003 to meet with our Coordinator, or Advisor (we meet students on a first come, first served basis) who will double check your timetable and the course availability.
- You will be given a blue form to take to the Registrar's Office (E1012) to pay your fee, and they will enroll you in your elective. Your seat is not held with the blue form, and it must be immediately taken to the Registrar's Office following your meeting in A2003.
Registration opens: Monday, April 9, 2018.
You will not be able to complete your registration before this date.
You may be interested in taking an online Gen. Ed. course to meet your elective requirement. In many ways, learning online is similar to learning in the classroom. Your instructor will provide readings, exercises, assignments and quizzes; as with regular classes, what you get out of it is related to how much you put into it. Expect to spend the same amount of time and energy on an online class; in fact, online classes can take more time and energy than regular classes.