A timeline for students starting in the Fall term
October to February 1
- Research: Find out what program is right for you: www.FanshawePathfinder.ca.
- Visit: Go on a campus tour, meet with an Admissions and Pathways Advisor and/or attend one of our Open Houses.
- Apply: www.ontariocolleges.ca.
All applications received by February 1 are considered equally. After this date, we fill programs on a first come, first served basis. View a list of programs currently accepting applications.
- Accept: Once you receive your offer of admission, you will have until May 1 to confirm. If you apply after mid-April, you have two weeks to confirm your offer.
- Residence: Once you have confirmed your offer of admission, you can apply to live in residence. We also offer services for those who wish to live off campus.
- Funding: Complete your OSAP application; Attend a Financial Readiness Session; Apply for a Fanshawe College entrance bursary.
May to August
- Accessibility: Identify any accessibility needs early, so any learning or physical accommodations can be in place when the semester starts.
- Admission conditions: Your offer of admission is conditional. You need to finish all of the conditions (listed on your offer letter) before you can start classes. Find out more.
- Post-admission requirements: Some programs require you to do something before you start classes. Some examples of these requirements are: the WRIT assessment; pre-placement process; and purchasing a mandatory laptop. For a list of the post-admission requirements for your program, see www.fanshawec.ca/requirements.
- Get organized: Attend Head Start. Bring your parents and supporters. Attend a Jump Start workshop for study skills/math help.
- Learn college technology: What is the difference between MyFanshawe, FanshaweOnline and WebAdvisor. Find out here. Do your Online Orientation using FanshaweOnline.
- Classes: Download your class schedule or select your courses using WebAdvisor. Register for your general education elective (not applicable to every student).
- Parking: Enter the parking lottery if you want to drive to campus.
- Books: Order online or go in person to buy textbooks.
- Admission conditions: Don't forget, your admission conditions are due 3 weeks before the start of classes.
- Academics: Attend your academic program orientation immediately before or after the Labour Day weekend.
- Fun: Enjoy the events and activities planned for the start of school by your Fanshawe Students Union
- Help and support: Meet your Student Success Advisor, take advantage of all of the student services you’ve paid for, and learn all about your next steps at www.fanshawec.ca/first-year.
* Starting in January, March or May? The timeline for applying is much the same. For the rest of this list, think in terms of months/weeks before your first day of class.
- Fanshawe College’s special constables, who provide security services on campus, are now carrying naloxone kits.
- Essential Skills for Truck Drivers is free to eligible participants and provides a solid understanding of safety, legislation, procedures and standards used in the Ontario trucking industry.