What is ontariocolleges.ca?
The ontariocolleges.ca is a centralized Ontario College Application Center. The information completed on your online application is sent to Fanshawe daily. If the information for your approved Fanshawe program is not available, please contact ontariocolleges.ca. If Ontario Colleges confirms the program is not available, contact the Fanshawe College Office of the Registrar at 519-452-4277.
Transcripts and other academic documents from outside Ontario have to be translated into English. All international documents must be evaluated by ICAS (though ontariocolleges.ca) or WES (www.wes.org). We cannot accept international documents without an accompanying evaluation.
To get more information and help to complete your application, visit www.ontariocolleges.ca, or call 519-763-4725 or 1-888-892-2228.
Is the date of my application through ontariocolleges.ca important?
Yes, the sooner you apply the sooner Fanshawe College can assist you with your necessary documentation and eligibility. This is especially important for mature students to allow more time for admissions testing. In addition, many programs fill up quickly and applying through ontariocolleges.ca gets your application into the process in a timely manner.
For the fall (September) term, the first date when Fanshawe College can provide an Offer of Admission is February 1st. It is in your best interest to apply through ontariocolleges.ca prior to this date. After this date, you will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis if space in your program is available.
I don't have a computer so how can I apply online?
Applicants without access to a computer can phone a Fanshawe College campus near you for assistance:
- London, 519-452-4277
- St. Thomas, 519-633-2030
- Woodstock, 519-421-0144
- Simcoe, 519-426-8260
What happens next?
After you have applied through ontariocolleges.ca you will receive an email from Fanshawe College confirming receipt of your application and supplying you with a username and password for WebAdvisor. WebAdvisor will be your personal portal to information about your application, fee payment due dates and other pertinent information from the Office of the Registrar.
What other information will I receive from Fanshawe College?
Depending on your program choice and admission situation you can expect to receive:
- A general Offer of Admission letter outlining whether you have been accepted into a program and how to confirm your acceptance
- If you need to participate in any admission selection process
- Information on how to register for admission and placement testing
- Identification of conditions attached to your admission offer letter
- A fee invoice and information on how to request a Second Career applicant fee payment extension
- Course registration information
- Information on the orientation process, campus tours, getting ready for college, etc.
How do I obtain my special Offer of Admission letter for my funding package?
Once you have been offered admission and accepted admission to a program you will need to "self-identify" as a Second Career applicant. To self-identify, contact the Fanshawe Admissions Services office at 519-452-4277. Your special Second Career Offer of Admission letter (to accompany your training application to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities) will be generated, within 5 business days of your confirmation of acceptance (through www.ontariocolleges.ca) and will be mailed to your designated address.
Do I need to see a Fanshawe College Pre-Admission Advisor?
No. If you have followed all the steps of your application you shouldn't need to see a Pre-Admission Advisor. However, at Fanshawe, we do have Pre-Admission Advisors available to help you with questions about your admission into specific programs. After you have researched your program and have received counselling through one of the designated Employment Ontario Assessment Centres, you are welcome to seek more clarification on the Fanshawe application process and offered programs. Your contact choices are:
- Our Telephone Customer Service staff are available to answer your questions call 519-452-4277.
- Our Front-line Customer Service staff are knowledgeable about many aspects of student life. Come see us at the Office of the Registrar.
- Pre-Admission Advisors are available by appointment to clarify admission requirements for specific programs. Call 519-452-4277 to arrange your personal appointment time. Be prepared for your meeting; we recommend you bring copies of your Secondary School transcript and any post-secondary transcripts plus the Training Research Guide package you received from your counsellor at the Employment Ontario Assessment Centre.
Will I receive a fee invoice?
A fee invoice and registration package will be mailed to you. It is your responsibility to meet the designated payment date on the fee invoice or your seat in the program will be cancelled. If you require a special fee extension, information will be provided in your registration package. You will be required to come to the Office of the Registrar in person to apply for the fee extension and provide proof of Second Career status.
What do I need to do when I receive my Ministry funding contract?
Bring your Ministry funding contract to the Office of the Registrar so we can ensure there is a copy on your file here at Fanshawe.
Am I responsible to pay the fees due as outlined on my Fee Invoice?
Yes, the fees are your responsibility. As soon as you receive payment from the Ministry, come to the Office of the Registrar and arrange payment. If you have not received your Ministry contract by the time your fees extension date is reached you must contact the Office of the Registrar to discuss your personal situation.
How/when can I obtain my Fanshawe student card?
As soon as you have paid your fees or made arrangements for a fee extension, you may receive your student card from the Office of the Registrar.
How/when do I receive my course timetable and my book list information?
Information on Orientation Week, Timetables, Book and Supply lists will be send to you by email in early August.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.