We're here to meet the needs of students and parents, so you can experience everything Fanshawe has to offer without leaving your home. Explore our virtual open house from April 13 to May 31, 2020!
Book one-on-one appointments with recruiters or take part in one of their live info sessions. Some of our program faculty are even hosting live info sessions or pre-recorded content for you to view at your convenience.
Degrees that work
Degree and/or experience
Think you know Fanshawe? Think again.
There are a lot of misconceptions about college degrees, but none of them are really true.
With 11 programs to choose from, Fanshawe degrees give you the best of both worlds: theoretical knowledge combined with hands on, experiential learning. That’s why our graduates are uniquely skilled and in high demand.
Students learn through well-connected industry professionals who are committed to student success. With co-op and field practicum opportunities, graduates are career-ready.
Why choose a Fanshawe degree?
- Industry-leading faculty committed to teaching excellence and research
- Small class sizes
- Career-focused learning
- An affordable investment compared to a university degree
- Co-operative work experience
- Pathways to a master's degree or teachers' college*
- Residences both on and off-campus
- Extensive student support services
For every $1 invested in an Ontario college education, grads receive a cumulative $3.20 in future wages. That’s a 14.3 per cent rate of return! (Source: ontariocolleges.ca.)
What’s the difference between a college and university degree?
Colleges increasingly offer an attractive alternative to traditional universities for the same credential. Check out our blog post to read more about the benefits of a college degree.
Fanshawe's honours bachelor's degrees are four-year (120 credit) degrees and are quality assured by a government agency, the Postsecondary Education Quality Assessment Board (PEQAB), after being referred by the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities, Ontario. Each degree is reviewed and renewed every five to seven years by PEQAB to ensure program quality.
Honours bachelor's degrees:
*While graduate schools review applications on an individual basis, many people have used College degrees as the basis for entry into graduate or professional schools.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.