Lead in the dynamic and complex field of agribusiness - 2020/2021
Agribusiness is the study of agricultural production - managing every step of the supply chain from farm to table and everything in between. A dynamic and complex field, agribusiness is adaptive and flexible, responding to new technological advances while remaining sustainable globally.
Fanshawe's Agri-Business Management graduate certificate will allow you to enter the agricultural sector at a supervisory level, preparing you to either manage an existing organization or as an entrepreneur. You’ll graduate with a competitive edge – understanding business fundamentals and industry specific training. Watch our program video to learn more.
In just eight months, our program will cover:
- Sales and marketing;
- Human resources and relationship management;
- Occupational health and safety;
- Accounting and finance;
- Food safety and traceability;
- Safe handling and application of pesticides;
- Precision technologies such as GPS and drone applications.
Finding the balance between theory and practice is what Fanshawe does best. Our Agri-Business Management program offers traditional lectures and practical hands-on training, as well as a six week field placement, giving you the experience you need to succeed.
Features and benefits:
- Practical learning: The class time provides you with theory while the field placement gives you real world experience;
- Specialized training: In less than year, you will be on the fast track to a management career.
More Information - 2020/2021
- Manage key operations (e.g., marketing, recruitment, finance) of a small to medium-sized agricultural enterprise.
- Communicate business-related information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, and graphic formats.
- Manage employees in compliance with provincial Acts to ensure their safety and productivity.
- Manage an agri-business enterprise within the confines of regulatory requirements and public policy.
- Assess new and emerging technologies available for use in an agri-business environment, and arrange for the effective implementation of these technologies.
- Promote an agri-business and its products through new media and other platforms.
- Build and maintain customer relations within agricultural lending and sales contexts.
- Discover innovative solutions to address business problems and opportunities related to an agri-business venture.
- Research and interpret information related to an agri-business enterprise to ensure its efficiency and economic viability.
- Develop strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance and maximize opportunities in an agri-business enterprise.