Automotive Sales offers a combination of business and transportation curriculum. Students will learn business strategies in sales, customer service management and marketing, while also studying key components of automotive, truck and coach, and agriculture transportation systems. This unique combination of courses provides a pathway for students who have completed their first post-secondary program in business or transportation. Graduates of Automotive Sales will leave with a well-rounded skill set, ready to apply their sales expertise alongside their specialized knowledge of transportation technology to the industry.
Automotive Sales is a one-year Ontario Graduate Certificate program. You’ll begin the program by creating a strong foundation in the fundamentals of technical sales and marketing, quickly moving into specialized training in new media marketing, CRM enabled selling, emerging transportation technologies, marketing management and more. This program is also an opportunity for further study for graduates of business programs and of motive power programs. It also provides a pathway to a post-graduate opportunity for journey-people with a Red Seal in a relevant trade.
Strong job prospects are expected for graduates, with a projected 14% increase in opportunities for technical sales specialists over the next 6 years in the province of Ontario.
Did you know Fanshawe consistently ranks high in graduation employment rates among large colleges in Ontario?
Here are some examples of career opportunities for graduates of Fanshawe’s Automotive Sales program:
Automotive sales consultant
Automotive parts sales representative
Heavy truck sales representative
Agricultural equipment and supplies technical salesperson
Manufacturing Industry sales consultant/representative
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Prepare and deliver a sales presentation based on an analysis of clients’ knowledge base and needs to assist the client in making a fully informed purchase.
- Collaborate with team members to market the corporate brand and meet sales targets in order to contribute to the achievement of the company’s strategic goals.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with clients to secure their loyalty to the salesperson and the corporate brand.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement a business plan to manage personal brand and sales goals.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility to adhere to industry and professionalism standards.
- Use information technology relevant to the sales function to manage accounts and client relationships.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the company’s strategic account management plans to secure and satisfy key account stakeholders.
- Explain both the basic and the emerging technological features of an automotive system, including the variables that effect each component, to ensure a client’s full understanding of the vehicle.
- Research new and emerging technologies in the automotive sector to maintain currency in a rapidly developing field and effectively market and sell new products and technologies.