What is a microcredential?
You may have noticed a new kind of credential being shared by connections on your LinkedIn lately. Something new, with an exciting, specialized skill set - a microcredential! You might have wondered, what is a microcredential?
Are you short on time but interested in furthering your education and skills? Then microcredentials are the perfect solution for you. Microcredentials are designed as short-term courses focused on enhancing the skills needed to grow your career. They are also a great way to learn something new and add onto credentials you may already have.
Here are some key features of microcredentials:
- Short in duration - learn a new skill in just a few hours or weeks;
- Customizable - select only what you want to learn, with no requirement to commit to a long program or take additional courses you may not be interested in;
- Stackable - take multiple microcredentials and stack them to gain expertise in a specific skill area;
- Sharable - share digital badges on your social media profiles and resume;
- Developed for industry demand - microcredentials are offered in topic areas where there is great industry demand, so you can learn specialized skills that will help you stand out;
- Verified - digital badges are recognized credentials offered by trusted, reputable post-secondary institutions.
Simply put, microcredentials are a fast, flexible way to keep your learning continuous and your skills current so you can achieve your career goals and grow professionally.
Check out the Microcredential Digital Badges that Fanshawe has to offer! Learn something new and share your digital badge when you do!