Overview - 2021/2022
The Court Support Services program is designed to provide graduates with the specialized knowledge and skills required to work in various court support and court and client service positions for the Ontario Courts, as well as providing specialized evidence recording and interactive learning activities focused on courtroom staff roles with an emphasis on professionalism and decorum.
Graduates can expect excellent employment opportunities in this sector or can take advantage of the other law-focused programs in the School of Public Safety to further expand their skill set.
Prepare for a Career in the Courtroom and beyond
Students who graduate from the Court Support Services program will be prepared for a range of careers within the courtroom and various other areas with Ontario Courts. Courses within the program, as well as real court training, will provide students with the necessary skills to become a court reporter, court services officer, court clerk and more. This court administration program sets you up for success in the courtroom and beyond!
More Information - 2021/2022
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Maintain a professional attitude in adherence to courtroom decorum.
- Interact with judiciary, counsel, stakeholders, the public and court staff in a respectful manner and using a customer service oriented approach.
- Create and format court services documents using computer software in accordance with municipal and provincial directives and governing legislation.
- Record and annotate court proceedings using digital court technology adhering to proper restrictions and flagging of cases.
- Examine, compare and complete various forms accurately and legibly according to court service requirements and proceedings.
- Maintain and manage critical details of all court files (including court minute books and exhibits) ensuring their secure storage at all times in accordance with municipal and provincial directives.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work in court support service settings.