Check out the sections below for answers to frequently asked questions. If you have more questions or require additional information, contact us!

About Residence



Paying for Residence

How can I get involved in Residence?


Residence assignments

What should I pack for Residence?


Residence guidelines

Staying in Residence

Resources in Residence

About Residence

There are 1,220 traditional-apartment style Residence bedrooms and 396 townhouse-style Residence bedrooms.

Absolutely! We'd love to show you around. During the summer months stop by Falcon House's front desk (R1 building) and we will show you around. During the school year you can book a tour at your convenience,  visit us during Open House for a tour, or take a virtual tour!

If Residence isn't the right option for you, there are lots of resources available to help you find a comfortable home off-campus. You can check out our Off-Campus Housing website for more information.

Residence offers great security from the moment you pass through the controlled main entrance, until you slide your electronic card into your private bedroom. All of the common areas are video recorded and we have staff on duty 24 hours a day. We believe that your safety is important. To that end, we require that all visitors to Falcon, Merlin or Peregrine sign in at the front desk prior to entry with a valid piece of photo identification and remain with their resident at all times.

Safety and security are also the responsibility of every resident. All of the safeguards and rules put in place by Residence management and the college are for your protection. Circumventing rules by lending key cards or letting visitors in without following procedures leads to problems for everyone. Make sure your unit and bedroom doors are locked at all times and do not leave valuables unattended in common areas.

The Residence and the college are not responsible for missing, lost or stolen items.

  • Student:
    Limited parking is available to those living in the traditional residences or in Kestrel Court. Students must apply for parking through the parking lottery which occurs each July.
  • Parents/Visitors:
    There are a number of metered parking spots available out front of the residence
    buildings.  Please refer to Fanshawe's parking website for more detailed information
    regarding parking options on campus.

Residence Life supports student success by promoting a safe and accepting environment that fosters personal and academic development. At Fanshawe College Residence, we:

  • Provide intentional programming that focuses on community development, healthy living, personal identity and diversity and intellectual experiences;
  • Incorporate environmental and sustainable initiatives in all that we do;
  • Surround residents with residence staff who are knowledgeable and committed to their success;
  • Collaborate with campus and community partners to ensure our residents receive the support they need to succeed;
  • Nurture a sense of personal responsibility and accountability through the application of our residence community standards.

To achieve our goals, we all must work together as members of the community to make residence a positive and supportive experience.

The residence community comprises residents, staff, parents, guests and anyone else who contributes to the residence. All community members that come into the residence environment should know that the standards or rules must exist to ensure enjoyment and a positive experience for all members of our large, diverse community.

Navigating the delicate balance between supporting your student and allowing them the freedom to develop crucial decision-making skills can be challenging. We are committed to providing the support and resources to help you and your student during this transition.


In order to apply to Residence, you must first receive an offer of admission from Fanshawe College. The Office of the Registrar will send out their offers by email and regular mail starting February 1, 2019 (for the September 2019 start). You will need to confirm your offer of admission through Ontario Colleges. Once you have confirmed your offer, you will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar with a link to the online Residence application. Learn more about how to apply here!

In order to apply to residence, you must first receive an offer of admission from Fanshawe College. Once you have received your offer of admission, you must complete the enclosed Residence Application Form within three weeks and mail to:

Residence Services, Fanshawe College
1001 Fanshawe College Blvd.
Box 7004
London, Ontario
N5Z 5W2

International students have a different application from domestic students. If you hold citizenship from outside Canada, please contact the International housing coordinator.

Please see the Fanshawe International website for more information: Accommodation

Please be aware that privacy laws prohibit us from discussing your application, assignment and account status with anyone, including your parents, unless you give us permission to do so through our residence consent form. The consent form is included in your Residence acceptance package. We encourage you to contact us directly with any questions or concerns you may have regarding residence at Fanshawe College. By asking your own questions you will begin the transition to independent living and will feel more comfortable asking questions while in residence.


Residence is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. There are a number of beds in Residence that are assigned to several groups of students (first year students, international students, returning students, etc.). Each group will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Following the initial assignments, a waitlist will be generated also by the order in which applications were received. First year students who apply and complete their Residence application along with the Residence application fee payment before May 15, 2019 are guaranteed a place in Residence.

Once you have completed your online Residence application and have paid your $525 non-refundable Residence application fee (within five days of your application), you will receive a confirmation email from the Residence Acceptance Team. If you are not immediately accepted into Residence, you will be placed on a waitlist for an available spot. Should a spot become available, we will contact you by telephone and email and you will have 48 hours to claim it.

All students who have been accepted into Residence, and have paid their $525 non-refundable Residence application fee within the timeline given, should receive a Residence Acceptance Package in mid-May. This package will be sent out by regular mail to the address you provided on your application. It contains information about paying your Residence fees, your payment due dates, move-in day information, order forms for extra items and paperwork for you to fill out and return to us. These forms are due back to the Residence office on or before June 18, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding this package, please contact the Residence office. Please note that the Student Residence Agreement must be signed by your guarantor (parent or guardian) regardless of age.

Before you submit your Residence Acceptance Package, please review the rates, options and payment due dates carefully. All payments must be made on or before those dates. Failure to meet the payment deadlines may result in cancellation of your place in Residence without warning.Please be aware we do not accept OSAP deferrals or receive money from OSAP directly.

Mail your completed Residence Agreement Acceptance Package to:

Residence Services, Fanshawe College
1001 Fanshawe College Blvd.
Box 7004
London, Ontario
N57 5W2

Submit your Residence Acceptance Package in person to the front desk of Falcon House Residence (R1 building).


Please not we do not accept faxed paperwork. If paperwork is being scanned, original documents must also be promptly submitted.

Paying for Residence

  • Full Payment
    Due by June 18
  • Two Payment Installment Plan
    Due by June 18 and November 1
  • Four Payment Installment Plan
    Due by June 18,  August 1, October 1 and November 1

  • Through WebAdvisor
    Select Pay on My Account
  • Through Online Banking
    Step 1: Open your online banking
    Step 2: Select "Bill Payment" or "Add Bill", the wording may depend on your bank
    Step 3: Type "Fanshawe" into the company or organization search box
    Step 4: Select "Fanshawe Residence" from the options provided
    Step 5: Add your account number, which is your student number, you may need to remove the leading zero
    Step 6: Once you have set-up the payment, you can pay the amount you owe for Residence fees

We do not accept OSAP deferrals for Residence fees or meal plan payments. If you are applying for OSAP to fund your education and housing, there are often wait times and delays as you navigate the process.

Residence does not provide extensions to payment deadlines. If you are unsure if you will be able to meet the payment due dates outlined in your Residence Acceptance Package, we suggest that you look into other funding options that may be available.

Please review the rates and fee deadlines, and consider your funding options before applying.

Payment due dates and amounts are listed on the Residence website, and are outlined in the Residence Acceptance Package. Failure to meet any payment deadlines may result in the loss of your place in Residence.

All communication regarding reminder notices and invoices will be sent directly to you, the student.

You can also view all payment deadlines for your chosen payment option on our Traditional Residence or Townhouse Residence pages. We will only send an invoice to a student's parent/guardian if repeated attempts to acquire payment from the student directly have been unsuccessful.

Residence fees cannot be claimed on income tax returns. The only claim that is allowed is $25 for the year as per the Ontario Government.

How can I get involved in Residence?

  • Who can be an R.A.?
    Anyone! Whether you are going to be in your first-year at Fanshawe College or your last year, all full-time students students are welcome to apply to become a Resident Advisor.
  • Will I get paid as an R.A.?
    As an R.A., you are eligible to receive a refund of your Residence fees for completing the duties of the role.
  • What does the R.A. role entail? Can I manage it with my program?
    The R.A. role involves being a friend, support and leader among the Residence community. It includes responsibilities such as planning events for the students in Residence, creating informative bulletin boards and conducting rounds in the building to ensure the safety and security of others. The R.A. role requires a high degree of time management. If you are able to manage your time then the R.A. role can be undertaken by anyone regardless of program.
  • How do I become an R.A.?
    If you are learning more about becoming an R.A. or applying please contact Lacey Jacques.

  • What is a RESpect Ambassador?
    A RESpect Ambassador is a student volunteer who is dedicated to promoting respect and inclusion in the Residence community.
  • What will I do as a RESpect Ambassador?
    As a RESpect Ambassador you will help plan and participate in respect-themed events, awareness campaigns and peer groups. You will also have opportunities to participate in training that provides personal growth and enhances your skills.
  • How do I learn more or become a RESpect Ambassador?
    For more information on the RESpect Ambassador position and how to get involved, please contact Christine Battson or stop by the front desk of Peregrine House.


Our Falcon and Merlin Residence buildings are wheelchair accessible.

If you have a medical condition that would require the use of a barrier-free suite in Residence, you must provide us with this information when you are filling out your application online. Within the Accommodation Preferences section of the application, there is a question related to the requirement of an adapted room. Students requiring special accommodations in Residence are encouraged to contact Accessibility Services to ensure that you have what you need while living in Residence. If you missed this question on your application, please contact us directly.

Residence assignments

The Residence application contains a series of questions about your personality, study habits and personal preferences. Based on your answers, we place you with a roommate of the same gender who has similar interests. If you have a friend who will be living in Residence, there is an option to request them. During the application process, there will be options for you to search for roommates. The application program will compare your profile to other Residence applicants and provide you with suggestions. You can create your roommate group by adding a friend you already know or someone who has been suggested for you. Please note that there are no co-ed units and that placement requests are not guaranteed.

Our goal is to provide you with accommodations where you will feel comfortable with your roommates. If you identify as transgender or agender, please contact us so that we can provide you with options to make your Residence environment the most comfortable fit for you.

What should I pack for residence?

  • Bedroom
    • Double or Queen bed sheets (Double width and Queen length) for traditional residence
    • Double bed sheets for Kestrel Court Standard
    • Single bed sheets if assigned Kestral Court Small
    • Blankets/Comforter/Duvet
    • Pillows
    • Alarm clock
    • Small fan
    • Storage bins to fit under your bed
    • TV for your bedroom
  • Workspace Supplies
    • Computer
    • Desk lamp
    • Binders
    • Pens/Pencils
    • Stapler
    • Paper
    • Three-hole punch
    • Program supplies
  • Kitchen Supplies
    • Dish towels
    • Dish clothes or sponges
    • Dish soap
    • Dish rack
    • Garbage bags
    • Cutlery
    • Glasses
    • Dishes
    • Cooking utensils
    • Microwave-safe dishes
    • Storage containers
    • Pots and pans
  • Bathroom Supplies
    • Bath towels
    • Hand towels
    • Wash cloths
    • Shower curtains and rings
    • Bath mat
    • Personal hygiene products
    • Toilet paper
    • Hand soap
  • Laundry Supplies
    • Your clothes (for all weather and seasons)
    • Laundry basket or hamper
    • Laundry soap
    • Clothes hangers
    • Credit or debit cards to fill your laundry card


Residents are only allowed to bring CSA-certified appliances that have self-contained heat sources and an automatic shut-off feature. Items not permitted include hot plates, induction burners or indoor grills.

Residents are not permitted to bring personal refrigerators into the Residence buildings, however, they may rent personal refrigerators from Fanshawe's contractor, Coldex. This policy ensures that all refrigerators entering the Residence building are safe, clean and energy-efficient. Place your order with Coldex and your fridge will be in your Residence bedroom when you arrive.

Please do not bring candles, incense or smoking devices like hookahs or bongs. Burnables are not permitted to be used inside the Residence buildings.

Alcohol is permitted for those of legal drinking age. However, please do not bring single-serve glass alcohol bottles, kegs, mini-kegs or alcohol funnels into our Residence buildings.

Students and their families may wish to take advantage of our partnership with Residence Linens to have linens provided to them.


You can move into Residence up to one week early at an additional cost of $35 per day. You will receive an Early Move In form within the Residence Acceptance Package.

Residence move-in for Fall 2019 will occur Saturday, August 31 - Sunday, September 1:

  • Last names A to F: Saturday, August 31, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
  • Last names G to L: Saturday, August 31, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
  • Last names M to R: Sunday, September 1, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
  • Last names S to Z: Sunday, September 1, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Over the Labour Day weekend we will have members of the move-in crew (resident volunteers) available to help move belongings from your vehicle to your residence room.

We do not have a move-out crew available during move-out.

Residence guidelines

Please review our Residence rules and regulations.

No, the Residential Tenancies Act does not apply to students living a college or university Residence. You can learn more about the Residential Tenancies Act.

No, Fanshawe Residence is a smoke-free environment. Smoking on campus is only permitted outside in the designated smoking areas.

No, pets are not permitted in Residence, even for visiting. Only registered service animals are permitted in Residence, with appropriate documentation.

In order to sustain a strong Residence community, we limit the number of overnight guests for each resident to 10 a month (two guests at one time).

All the rules and regulations outlined in the Student Residence Agreement and Residence Community Standards will apply to students, regardless of age.

Staying in Residence

A resident must be a registered full-time student to be eligible to live in residence. Should you be unsuccessful in completing your semester at Fanshawe College, you will be required to leave residence as well.

Yes, a student with full-time co-op is permitted to stay in Residence.

As per the Student Residence Agreement, all residents are required to pay the full amount of Residence fees. When you arrive at Residence, ask your front desk for a Withdrawal Form, and return it as soon as you know your expected move out date. Once you have returned this form to the front desk, you will be added to our Refund Waitlist to be considered for a refund for your second semester Residence fees.

Yes you can! You will need to fill out an extended stay request form at the front desk to let us know what dates you will be requiring to stay in residence over the break.

Residence fees cover the Fall Residency Term (September 3, 2019 -  December 17, 2019, or 24 hours after the student's final exam for that term) and the Winter/Spring Residency Term (January 6, 2020 - April 29, 2020, or 24 hours after the student's final exam for that term). Accommodation outside of these dates will be subject to an additional per diem charge, which can be found on the extended stay form.  

The residence offers accommodations over the summer for both short and long-term stays. Whether you're in school, on a co-op term, or just visiting the city, we offer great rates on summer accommodations. Visit our summer accommodation page for more information.

Resources in Residence

If you are having challenges or concerns in residence, we encourage you to speak with one of our Residence Life staff members. Our staff are fully trained to help you with any issue that may arise and will work to help you in any way they can. Resident advisors live on each floor in Falcon, Peregrine, and Merlin houses and through Kestrel Court. These are students who go through an extensive training program and are equipped to link you to whatever resources you may need (Residence Life Management, Counselling and Accessibility, Sexual Violence and Prevention Advisor, Campus Security Services, etc.). Three full-time professional residence life managers also live on-site and are on an on-call rotation to be available 24/7 in case of emergencies.

If you are having challenges or concerns in residence, please speak to one of our Residence Life staff members. Our staff are fully trained to deal with any issue that may arise and will work to help you in any way we can.

Your student may get caught up in studies and social time and forget to call or email you as often as you would like. Moving to college is a very exciting time and often students will become so wrapped up in this new stage of their lives that it does not occur to them that you may be concerned. If you have any concerns about your student's safety or health, please call and speak with the on-call Residence Life Manager. You can also call at any time to speak with one of our customer service representatives and we will work to pass your message along to your student.