Understanding the Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Process
What can I do to prepare for my placement before I arrive in Canada?
You should learn as much as you can about the Pre-Placement Process before you arrive and carefully read your program's Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form. See your program's due date in the upper right hand corner of the health form, and the checklist provided on the last page as this will help to keep you on track when you arrive.
If you have records from your country of origin, please bring original documents with you. Such as:
- Vaccination/Immunization records
- Police Record Check
You will still need to confirm your medical and non-medical requirements when you arrive. Having information from your country of origin may accelerate the process.
As mentioned in the FAQs, if your program's Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form states you need:
- Immunizations - you must provide blood titres to confirm your level of immunity for each communicable disease listed. You can do this at the Fowler Kennedy Clinic on campus.
- CPR - your certification must meet the Canadian Heart and Stroke guidelines. This training is available through Fanshawe College Part-Time Studies. This is an annual requirement.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) - you will need to go to the London Police Service. This report is an annual requirement. PVSC forms are available in room D3018.
What should I do when I arrive at Fanshawe? Can I get help with my pre-placement conditions?
The Fowler Kennedy Clinic is available on campus and can help you meet your immunization requirements. The Clinic staff is familiar with your program's Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form, and is qualified to discuss your personal immunization needs.
We want to make sure this process is not a difficult one, and we understand you may have questions along the way. To help you out, we've created a step-by-step guide.
Who pays for the costs associated with the Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form?
Students are responsible for all costs related to placement. Costs are dependent upon each student's needs. Doctor's notes, form completion, blood work reports, x-rays and immunizations may or may not be free of charge. The College does not have any control over these costs. For more information about costs, please click here. The costs are approximate and may change without notice.
Still have questions?
- Fanshawe College’s special constables, who provide security services on campus, are now carrying naloxone kits.
- Essential Skills for Truck Drivers is free to eligible participants and provides a solid understanding of safety, legislation, procedures and standards used in the Ontario trucking industry.