Overview - 2021/2022
The Customer Relationship Marketing and Sales Management program responds to the growing need within business for a skill set that places the customer at the centre of business decisions. This skill is critical since marketing and sales success depends on attracting new customers while retaining and strengthening relationships with current customers.
This one-year post-graduate certificate program provides students with a foundation in marketing and sales, with a focus on the examination and application of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Customer Experience (CX) best practices, strategies, tactics, tools, and techniques. Students will have an opportunity to apply industry standard business and marketing analytics and use CRM platforms to enhance the marketing and sales process. Student will also learn strategies and tactics for account development in the field of sales and sales management.
Admission Requirements - 2021/2022
- *Applicants may be required to submit a resume and cover letter that includes details of work experience.
English Language Requirements
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in
ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10
Recommended Academic Preparation
- Business Communication
- Computer applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Applicant Selection Criteria
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario
- Receipt of Application by February 1st (After this date, Fanshawe College will consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full)
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements
Careers - 2021/2022
- Marketing Specialist/ Marketing Manager /Marketing Director
- CRM Analysts / CRM Consultant / CRM Consultant Specialist
- Sales Manager/Sales Director
- Sales Operation Manager
- Account Manager
- Technical Sales Manager
- Business Analysts/ Business Information Analysts
- Business Development Rep/ Inside Sales / Presales Engineer
- Salesforce Administrator /Salesforce Developer
- Customer Service Rep / Customer Service Coordinator / Customer Experience Manager / Customer Relations Manager
More Information - 2021/2022
Campus Code: LC (LC - London)
15 week terms
Academic Calendars available at www.fanshawec.ca/academicdates
ContactLawrence Kinlin School of Business: 519-452-4290
For information about Program Pathways visit www.fanshawec.ca/programpathways.
CRM is widely used across many areas of the private and public sector. As such, the proposed program will be highly relevant to graduates of any diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or degree in Business but also relevant to students from other disciplines.
Students (international) enrolled in the proposed program will have a complimentary skill set for continuing into the Marketing Management program and vice versa.
Program DetailsMore details
Full Time Offerings
- Fanshawe College and the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) are proud to celebrate an exciting student-focused initiative for CAF members, Veterans and their families.
- Government of Canada contributes $3 million to equip Fanshawe College’s Innovation Village with new industry-relevant capabilities to create new jobs and support economic recovery