Applying for part-time/online study
Before selecting courses, you need to apply, have your transcripts assessed and be offered admission. Depending on the time it takes to receive your transcripts, this process may take as few as four days.
- Start your application now at www.ontariocolleges.ca.
- Accept your offer of admission at www.ontariocolleges.ca.
- Pay your $250 non-refundable deposit for each term by the due date (see important dates below).
Non-refundable deposit due date: June 15, 2019
Registration opens: July 17, 2019
First day of classes: September 3, 2019
Registration closes: September 9, 2019
Balance of fees due by 10th day of the term: September 16, 2019
Self registration is now available online - please do not use the Continuing Education registration link.
- Review the course requirements and availability for each program listed above. Choose your courses early for the best selection!
- In WebAdvisor, select My Progress to review and confirm the courses you need to complete your program. Don't forget to review your General Education requirements (one General Education elective course is equal to 3 credits).
- In WebAdvisor, follow the registration steps by using:
- Express Registration if you know the course, section and term of the course(s) you have chosen;
- Register and Drop Sections if you want to drop a course you previously registered in using WebAdvisor, or to complete a course selection for a course you previously viewed.
NOTE: Your selection is not complete until the course appears (or is removed in the case of a Drop) from your timetable and My Progress on WebAdvisor. You can only drop courses that were selected using WebAdvisor. For assistance with other courses, please refer to your School office.
TIP: Having trouble with the process? Read the 'Help' section at the top of each page for more information.
To drop individual courses (before the 10th day of the term):
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Click 'Register and Drop Courses' and follow the steps to make your changes.
To drop individual courses (after the 10th day of the term):
- Contact the SIS designate in your school office. They can provide you with a verification form and drop the course for you.
- Lawrence Kinlin School of Business: Darci Knott | 519-452-4430 x4373 or Brittany Stanley | 519-452-4430 x4880
- School of Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary Arts: Lisa Monteith | 519-452-4430 x5115
To withdraw from your entire program, follow our withdrawal steps.
- You can only drop courses that were selected using WebAdvisor. For assistance with other courses, please refer to your program office.
- Dropping a course (or courses) may impact your OSAP entitlement. Please contact the Financial Aid Office (E2020) for more information.
- Dropping courses will impact your progression toward graduation. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet your program requirements to graduate. View My Progress on WebAdvisor for information about your program and any outstanding requirements.
- Academic Advising is available in your program office. Please make an appointment with your Program Coordinator or Student Success Advisor if you need assistance.
Planning ahead just got easier
Students offered admission to part-time/online programs register for classes on a course-by-course basis. To assist students with planning, course sequences have been mapped out for future terms. It is recommended that students take 1, 2, or 3 courses per term. Check out which courses are offered each term for the programs below:
Looking for more details about specific courses? You can request full course outlines through our COMMS system. Some programs require students to write a WRIT assessment. Please visit www.fanshawec.ca/writ for more information and available test dates.
Online student success
We want to help you succeed. Check out our online learning page for helpful information, or visit www.amiready.ca to assees your online learning readiness. If you have program/course-specific questions, please contact your Student Success Advisor for help.