Friday, October 18, 2019
Have any of these thoughts crossed your mind?
- If I want to complete an additional credential, do I have to start at the beginning?
- I'm not sure the program I'm in is the right fit for me.
- My finances aren't working out the way I thought they would — going to school closer to home would be less expensive.
If so, you're not alone. In Ontario, more than 60,000 students each year transfer programs or schools, often getting recognition for completed education as they pursue another credential.
Career journeys are rarely a straight line. You can plan a pathway that will take you through different programs, credentials or schools. Or, you may set out on one path and decide to change course.
The idea of transferring programs or schools may feel overwhelming, but there is a lot of support available to help you plan your pathway.
Here are a few tips:
- Research your options—start with the Fanshawe Pathways Database for pathways related to Fanshawe programs;
- Discuss your options with family and friends ask them to be part of the process;
- Talk to academic advisors and/or transfer advisors at your current and prospective schools
- Visit Fanshawe's Pathways Fair on October 9, 2019.
Did you know?
- As a Fanshawe student, you have the option to transfer within Fanshawe programs whether you have finished a program or not; the most common options are completing an Honours Bachelor’s degree or a graduate certificate;
- Fanshawe has over 500 pathways with more than 60 partner institutions in 10 different countries;