As one of the leaders in the development of co-operative education in Canada, Fanshawe College offers over 50 co-op programs, more than any other college in Canada. Cooperative education is a process that formally integrates academic study with paid, related work experience. When you graduate you will receive a co-op endorsed diploma to differentiate your credentials.
The School of Information Technology offers three mandatory co-op programs: Computer Programmer Analyst, Computer Systems Technology, and Office Administration - Executive. In addition there is an optional co-op component to the Law Clerk program. It is important to note that co-op placements are not guaranteed nor is it the sole responsibility of Fanshawe College to find co-op placements.
- Apply the knowledge learned in classroom to work situations;
- Gain valuable and professional work experience;
- Gain career knowledge and self-confidence by exploring career opportunities in an environment that will help confirm your career choice;
- Earn while you learn. Co-op is paid, full-time, productive employment;
- Establish contacts with employers - many graduates of co-op programs find full-time employment with their co-op sponsor;
- Develop job search, interview and communication skills;
- Learn valuable life skills through real work experiences;
- Opportunity to live in a different geographic location on a trial basis;
- Opportunity to evaluate a variety of employment sectors (e.g. government, manufacturing, financial, retail, small business, etc.).
- Attend scheduled co-op classes
- Be academically eligible for co-op at the time of job postings
- Meet deadlines for resume submission, applying to jobs and interviews
- Conduct your own co-op search
- Employment preparation courses
- Job search counseling
- Access to on-line job postings
- Employer networking
- Interview techniques
- Co-op Consultant is available to assist you
- Fanshawe's Community Employment Services has received federal funding to provide the Career Launcher program in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Aylmer, Ontario.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Fanshawe College has made the difficult decision to defer all fall 2020 convocation ceremonies.